Sydney, Australia

Sydney, Australia

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

'Ia talofa lava!
I've been released from Zone Leader and got transferred to Liverpool 2nd............ why do I have all those periods after that? I'll tell you why. IT'S A SAMOAN WARD! :D I'm now officially called as a Samoan speaking missionary! My companion is Elder Vaele who is from Samoan and speaks almost zero English! So I've got to learn Samoan and fast! So far so good.

Talofa lava. O lo'u igoa o Elder Macfarlane. Ou te fiafia ile o lo'u soa.
Hello there. My name is Elder Macfarlane. I like my companion. :)
I also know random words here and there but that's about it thus far. I am really going to have to turn to the Lord for some heavy divine help with this. I know with the Lord anything is impossible and this is a great chance for me to get closer to Him as I go through this trial. But hey, it's a pretty great trial to get to face! By the time I get home I'm going to be able to speak fluent Samoan! Or at least that's the plan.... 10 months to go? I got this! :)
Have a great week! Love you all!
Elder Macfarlane

1 comment:

  1. Lelei tele ma Elder Mac! I served in a Samoan Ward for a few months on my mission in New Zealand a long time ago. It was some of the best months of my mission. He will do great and absolutely love it! Hopefully he doesn't gain any weight from the food. ;) Ia fa'amalosi ia e le Atua!

    ReplyDelete