Sydney, Australia

Sydney, Australia

Monday, June 15, 2015

This week I only have time for one highlight, but it's a pretty great one. To pick just one, I will have to choose one of our visits with our members after church yesterday. We decided to visit the Lalomanu family after church and turns out that was a great decision. I hadn't eaten breakfast before church that day so I was feeling like I was about to implode. We walk into their house and I'm instantly hit by the beautiful auroma of food! We walk strait to the kitchen where they have a very large table packed with food, to the very edge. This is quite normal in the Samoan culture when missionaries are invited over. Picture a large table packed with plates and bowls of food, to such a point that it looks like a 5 year old set it up, with plates almost falling off the edges of the table and hardly space for your cup. We say grace and I instantly go for the chicken. Moving along a bit, I devoured so much chicken in that time that at the end I had half my plate packed with chicken bones. I was certainly full, there was no chance I could fit anything else in. Then they brought it out, my weakness...watermelon. After accepting mental defeat, I continued eating and eating so much so that I now had my half filled chicken bone plate, now accompanied with a half plate mountain of watermelon greens....what a day, definitely a highlight ;)
Hope everyone has a great week this week! Don't overlook the small blessings that God gives us, like watermelon!
Love you all!
Elder Macfarlane

No comments:

Post a Comment