Sydney, Australia

Sydney, Australia

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Hello everybody! This week was a good one! Lots of birthdays going on! Shout out to my awesome dad who's birthday was on the 5th last week! I love that man and look up to him more than anyone else on earth! He is a fantastic father, worthy priesthood holder, and a definite life-long friend! :) I love you dad!
On Wednesday we got to celebrate Sister McAra's and Fin's birthdays! Sister McAra is a senior missionary here with her husband and Fin is a friend of the Kamers. It was heaps of fun and we got to spend a good portion of the day with them! Elder Coats and I baked a cake for Fin and it was pretty dang great, if I do say so myself ;) Chocolate cake, with chocolate icing and colorful sprinkles... only the best!
Thursday wasn't too eventful other than teaching one of our recent converts, Jack. Jack is probably the most impressive recent convert I've ever seen in my life! He is so willing to do everything and anything that the Lord asks of him! He is the only mormon in Moruya (about 30 min drive north of Narooma), has the Aaronic Priesthood, has a calling with the primary, and is so keen on everything we teach him! He has such a strong testimony in Jesus Christ, it's incredible to me!
Friday we had zone training and then zone p-day. In zone training we learned how to be better missionaries. The topic that was focused on was member present lessons. Having a member present during a lesson has so many more benefits and makes the lesson much more effective. Strive to go out with the missionaries as much as you can because it's a great learning experience for not only the investigator, but also for yourself! Zone P-day was after and we had a blast! P-day stands for preparation day, but I like to call it "play day." That's the day, once a week, that we get to email, go shopping, and then do basically whatever we want the rest of the day. So as a zone, all 20 missionaries (or so) played a huge game of touch-footie (two hand touch Rugby) and it was so much fun! We tore it up! The majority of the missionaries here are islanders from around this area so they are all super good at it! It's really funny to see the big samoans play because you think you'll beat them and then they come out of nowhere and take you out! I've never seen a big man run so fast in my life!
Saturday and Sunday were both pretty good. Elder Coats and I went to the Tilba markets and the Moruya markets so that was fun! And Elder Coats let me drive there so I got a solid hour of driving in this weekend! It was cool, but weird to get used to driving on the left side of the road, having the blinker on the right side of the steering wheel, and having the shift on my left. But we made it there in one piece so it's all good! (: The markets were pretty cool, it was basically a huge field with little stands/shops all over. There was everything you could possibly want there! I even found a huge kangaroo skin, but it was $175 so I decided not to get it... It was fun :) We got to set up two Christmas trees this weekend too! The Kamer's and the Adcock's! It was cool to be able to set up a tree with some adopted families since my family is on the other side of the planet doing the same thing! I was also able to set up Christmas lights at the Adcock's house so that was heaps of fun too!
Today was my 2 month mark as a missionary of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I can't believe it's already been 2 months! It feels like I just got here! I know I'm doing the right thing by devoting my time 100% to the Lord. I have seen it bless both myself and my family and I'm so grateful that I could have these opportunities that I've been having! I love my Lord and Savior so much! I can't wait to see what He's got in store for me these next two years!!
I love you all!
Elder Macfarlane
PS. Tomorrow may or may not be my 19th birthday... WHAT!?!?!? I'm kind of super excited! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment