Sydney, Australia

Sydney, Australia

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Greetings from down under! Happy New Year! 
I hope everyone had a great time these last few weeks of holiday seasons! My New Years celebrations were short and not extremely exciting. Elder Coats and I stayed up to welcome in the New Year and the Kamers called us to wish us a Happy New Years and that was the extent of our celebrations. We also threw a ball back and forth for an hour or so waiting for midnight to come. I have made some New Years resolutions, two physical, and three spiritual. Physical goals: Work out (running/jogging, weights, basketball, etc.) at least 4 days a week, Reach 82Kg. Spiritual goals: Read and study the entire Book of Mormon, Old Testament, and Doctrine & Covenants. All of this is going to be accomplished by the end of 2014. I know I can do it if I stay dedicated and focused!
This week was a fun one! I tried oyster stew for the first time today... I'm not gonna lie, I was worried! Tim made it for us and I'm not a huge fan of sea food but I went for it anyway.. And it was FANTASTIC! I was shocked when I ate it. It tasted more like milk and butter than anything else. I'm just mind blowing myself with all of these new foods I'm eating! Also while eating the oyster stew, Tim gave us advice on marriage for a solid hour. It was interesting for a while but then he started telling me that I was probably going to be married within a year of when I get back from my mission, statistically, and I got freaked out! I'm not ready to get married, I'm 19 years old for goodness sake! He thought it was the funniest thing in the world too!
I had a proud Macfarlane moment yesterday too. I taught the Kamers how to play Garbage and how to play Golf (two card games). I think they liked it too.
I wish everyone a great week this week and I'll talk to you next week!
Love you all!
Elder Macfarlane

No comments:

Post a Comment