Sydney, Australia

Sydney, Australia

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Hello everyone!
This week has been an eventful one! We taught a bunch of lessons this week to people about our Savior and I loved it! We taught heaps of lessons to Tyler, the 11 year old boy who is getting baptized Saturday, and he's progressing wonderfully! It's been so cool seeing how much the Gospel of Jesus Christ can change someone's life! Hopefully Tyler's family will see his example and want to learn about the gospel too! It could really bless their life! We're teaching him the Plan of Salvation again tomorrow night and I think his family will really enjoy it if they listen in!
A memorable thing happened to me on Monday. I watched my first-ever SuperBowl!! Unfortunately it wasn't a very interesting game to watch and the commercials were Australian one's, not the funny american one's, but nonetheless, still a good experience to have under my belt :) haha Normally, that wouldn't be allowed as a missionary, but we got special permission!
We took a bunch of super cool pictures and videos this week of the beautiful scenery around the area! The pictures don't do this place justice, but at least you'll be able to get an idea of what kind of paradise I live in right now! :D
At church yesterday, we had around 50-60 people in our branch!! Normally we have about 30 so that was huge! The new people who attended were a bunch of sisters all around the south coast area who came down for Women's Conference. I'm not really sure what actually happens at these "Women's Conference" things, but apparantly they are really fun and very spiritually uplifting. We meet for church on the second floor, above an ice creamery, so we were packed in there tight!
Yesterday was my 4 month anniversary as a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!! I can't believe I've been lucky enough to serve a mission in Australia! I am so blessed in so many ways I can't believe it! I've been out for 4 months and I'll be out for another 20! I love this church so much and for all the blessings that it brings! I'm thankful for the opportunity to be where I am and to devote two years totally to the Lord! I love you all and wish you all the best this week!
Love you all!
Elder Macfarlane

No comments:

Post a Comment