Sydney, Australia

Sydney, Australia

Monday, February 3, 2014

This last week has been a good one! I have checked off another box on my "things to do in my life" list. I was breathalyzed by a cop for alcohol in my system! Hahaha it really wasn't anything super exciting, cops just sit on the side of the road sometimes around here and pick people randomly to pull over and get tested. I just had to speak into this device and count to ten, he said I was good, then I drove off. I was pretty happy that I got to experience that. I don't drink, nor will I ever drink, so I don't get the chance to get breathalyzed very often. It's a memorable experience ;)
Okay now to actual relevant things going on in my life! We've spent a lot of time with Tim this week, doing lot's of yard work for him! I must say, I genuinely love that man. He is the definition of the perfect southern gentleman! We visited him Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday doing yard work for him. And then we visited him Wednesday at the Narooma Club (kind of like a country club in the states) and just talked with him. We played a game he calls Bible Scrabble, basically it's Scrabble but you are only allowed to use words that can be found in the Bible or Book or Mormon. It was fun, but extremely hard! On Thursday, he introduced us to his neighbor, Bob, who is a super nice guy. He seemed moderately interested in religion so we're going to come back sometime and talk to him about what he believes and maybe teach him about what we believe. I'm looking forward to it!
On Wednesday, we received a referral (a referral is basically someone referring us to an individual who is interested in the church) from way up north, in Darwin. He is an 11 year old boy who's name is Tyler and he's super keen on the church and the scriptures! We talked with him and went over what he's been taught before and then committed him to baptism! He's getting baptized in two weeks!! :D I'm so happy for him! From what I understand, he has totally turned his life around and committed himself to Christ. He's a great kid and I'm excited to see what happens!
Here's a quick thought for you. In the Book of Mormon there is a verse that I really like and has stuck out to me while studying this week. Mosiah 2:17 which reads something to the effect of, "when you are in the service of your fellow man, you are only in the service of your God." I love that verse so much. It testifies of the importance and power of serving others around us. When we are serving others, we are actually serving God. Think about that next time you have the opportunity to serve someone and brighten their day, I can promise they will remember it, and I promise that God will remember it.
I love you all! Have a great week!
Elder Macfarlane

No comments:

Post a Comment