Sydney, Australia

Sydney, Australia

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

G'day from Down Under!
This week was an extremely uneventful week. I've been sick for just over a week now and I can't seem to get over it. I think if I'm not better in the next day or two, I'm going to force myself to go to the doctor. At first I thought it was strep throat, but now I think it's more like the flu. Well anyways, that's the reason we haven't been able to do much, I've been stuck in bed! BUT, I am improving! I can now talk and eat most things :) So that's good!
I have two great highlights from this past week! First I'll tell you about the less-exciting-but-still-super-awesome highlight, then the more-exciting-and-super-awesome highlight! So the first highlight of my week happened while at FlipOut, a trampoline place. I re-learned how to do a backflip! I learned how to do a backflip when I was about 12 with my friend Ethan, but then lost all confidence in it about a month later. But this week I did it again! AND I can land it! But wait, there's more! I can do two consecutive backflips now! Which means, I can do a backflip, land it, and instantly do another one! I was pretty proud of myself! Next time I'm going to try three backflips and also running up a wall into a backflip! Pretty cool stuff :)
Now for the more-exciting-and-super-awesome highlight! I got to Skype my family!! :D It was great to see them again and hear their voices! It's been just over 7 months since I left Minnesota and 4.5 months since I last got to Skype them! It's always pretty funny because we're so excited to see eachother, then we seem to run out of things to say after about 20 minutes... But it's still a great thing! I got to wish my mom a happy Mother's Day, see my dad through my brother's Ipad who was also skyping, and catch up on the lives of my siblings! I loved it!
Transfer week is next week which means there will be some changes happening! I don't think I'll move from Bankstown, but I do think a lot of the Elder's and Sister's around me will be leaving. I'll let you know next week!
I love you all very much! Strive to be the best you can be! Be an example to your family! Let your light shine! (3 Nephi 12)
Elder Macfarlane

No comments:

Post a Comment