Sydney, Australia

Sydney, Australia

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

What up, what up, what up!
Transfers week has come and gone! This was the first transfer with the new mission president, President Palmer, and wow he changed a lot! In my zone, 8 of the 17 missionaries left! That's crazy! I lost both of my companions, Elder To'angutu and Elder Hubbard, and I got a new companion, Elder Bourne (like Jason Bourne.... :D ). He's from Samoa and he is actually teaching me Samoan. I wanted to learn Tongan from Elder To'angutu, but that was a bit of a fail. So now I'm learning Samoan from Elder Bourne and it will be good! :) Also we got a new Zone Leader, Elder Tai, from Hong Kong. He's a pretty cool guy as well. I'm excited to see what happens with all the changes! Oh, and I'm still District Leader. Fun fact for ya :)
We had Zone Conference this week with our new mission president and it was very good! It was all day long and I learned heaps from the lessons, but there was one thing that stood out to me:
"Be worthy to have the Holy Ghost with you ALWAYS, EVERY DAY" -President Palmer
The reason this quote stuck with me is because a lot of the time we don't realize how important it is to be exactly obediant to the commandments of God. To be worthy of the Holy Ghost means we are doing the things we should be doing and thinking the things we should be thinking. That's one thing that the LDS church focusses on, even if you think of doing the sin, it's as if you have already comitted it. If you have those evil thoughts, get rid of them asap! Don't let yourself become chained and overrun by sin. Even if it's only baby steps, do whatever it takes to overcome the sin in your life and strive to come closer to God. Helaman 5:12 from the Book of Mormon is a great scripture about this. Look it up and read it! It talks about setting a foundation on Christ, and when we do that, we will be able to fight any sin that comes our way! Be strong my friends!
Love you all!
Elder Macfarlane


All of his roomates with the Manakafua family!


This is from our skype session on Mother's Day! I sure love and miss this kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment