Sydney, Australia

Sydney, Australia

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

This week was a good one! I have one quick random comment and then I'll move on to interesting things. I ate sugarcane for the first time in my life! It was really good, and apparently it's not bad for you. I was pretty excited :)
We got the opportunity last Tuesday to go to the temple in Sydney! It was a great time and I was so uplifted after that experience. As members of the church, the temple is a great blessing we have in our lives, if you haven't gone recently, GO! :)
We also had interviews with the Mission President this week. It was my first interview with the President face to face, all my other interviews have been over the phone. This one wasn't too different, it was a little more intimidating though since I had to look at him in the eyes instead of just listen to his voice. But it was good nonetheless :)
Basically the remainder of the week was all in preparation for the three baptisms this weekend! Three people were baptized and it was great! Our investigator, Mereana, was one of them who were baptized. My companion, Elder Bourne, got the opportunity to baptize her, through the priesthood (authority to act in God's name). Then the next day at church I got the opportunity to Confirm her a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and give her the holy ghost, again through the power of the priesthood. It was a wonderful opportunity for her and I was so happy for her and for her family's support. Mereana made her first covenants with Heavenly Father and I can tell she is going to be an incredible member of the church.
Love you all and talk to ya next week!
Elder Macfarlane

Oh and I forgot to add one more thing to the blog!
I also got stuck in an elevator this week! We were on our way to the Samoan's flat, and the elevator died while we were in there! Me and three big Samoans in one elevator... oh man! Luckily we had donuts to last us the first five minutes, and then we made some videos, then just sang music. It was an interesting experience and we ended up missing dinner because of it.. but it was grrrreat! :) haha
Okay I think that's all :)

Nick and his companion, Elder Bourne


Nick made an "H" for a gift for Father's Day...HERO!

No comments:

Post a Comment