Sydney, Australia

Sydney, Australia

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Well hello there!
I'll start off with my not-so-spiritual story, then I'll move on to the things that actually matter as a missionary. First of all, I'd like to start off with a fun fact of the day for you.Today is my 250th day as a missionary!! :D That's really all I have to say about that so I'll just move on now... So this past week we had our P-Day (Preparation Day aka "day off") at the beach! We started off the P-Day with a BBQ lunch which Elder Willis, from American Samoa, provided. It was SO GOOD! After eating, we played Ultimate Frisbee, threw a football, and played rugby in the sand for pretty much the rest of the day. That was sooooo much fun! I also got burried in the sand by some of the little girls there that are from the Samoan ward. It was a great day and the weather was wonderful!
This week we focused a lot on Less-Actives and on getting referrals of people to teach, so this upcoming week should be very busy and very productive because we received 4 referrals last week and we've only contacted one so far. So that is next on my list of things to do, find those referrals and give them the opportunity to come closer to Christ.
Spiritually speaking, the highlight of this past week was having Mereana come to church! I was so happy to see her there. Watching her come closer to Jesus Christ has been an incredible experience and this Saturday I get to watch her make her first covenant with the Lord and enter into the waters of baptism and receiving the gift of the holy ghost! My companion, Elder Bourne, will be baptising Mereana and I will confirm her the next day (Sunday). It's going to be a wonderful day for her! She is also making great friendships in the ward with the YSA (Young Single Adults ages 18-29) and it's really made me realize how important having good examples in the church is. If we, as church members, aren't doing the things we are supposed to be doing, why would anyone join the church and come closer to Christ. A church centered on Jesus Christ should probably have members who center their life on Jesus Christ. Do the things that you are supposed to be doing, when you are supposed to be doing them, and you will have no problem with this :)
I love you all! Have a great week!
Elder Macfarlane

The little Tuatagaloa girls came with the missionaries for zone Pday
Sister Taupau, Taupau, Seve, and Elder Hansen
Elder Tai, Elder Samuela, Elder , Sister Seve, and Sister Tuatagaloa (auntie)
Zone Pday at Crunulla Beach
Elder Bourne


Elder Bourne at Temple trip
Elders Bourne, Samuela, Hansen, Tai, and Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment