Sydney, Australia

Sydney, Australia

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

This week was a great one. The highlight of this week was that we had a mini-mission put on by the stake! For those of you who don't know what that means, it's where the youth in the area have the opportunity to come live with the missionaries for a few days and see what it's like in the life of a missionary! The young man who came out with me was Elder Siteine and the the Samoan Elders had Elder Masima. It was super fun being able to have them live with us! On Friday we took them to our lesson with Mereana. We taught about the power that prayer can have in your life and how it applies to the Book of Mormon. Elder Siteine and Elder Masima both shared spiritual experiences with prayer and the comfort that the holy ghost gave them at a time of need. I love hearing other's experiences on how the gospel has blessed their life! Saturday was almost a full day of service with those two and it was a great! Also we got a bunch of sugar cane while doing the second service so that made it even better! ;)
I love my church and everything it stands for. I have seen how much the gospel can bless your life if you just simply let it become a part of your life. It brings families closer, it strengthens relationships, and makes you an all-around happier person! I am so grateful to be on a mission for the Lord in Australia. I do miss my family heaps, but I know this is where I need to be. I love you all and wish you the best upcoming week!
Elder Macfarlane

No comments:

Post a Comment