Sydney, Australia

Sydney, Australia

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

We've been seeing heaps and heaps of success these past few weeks! We're teaching a bunch of different people who are making great changes in their life! Alvin, the same one I've been teaching for about 7 months now, has been taught all but one lesson and is super close to baptism. Another investigator that we're teacing, Jeremiah, is in a similar boat, but we have another 3 or 4 lessons to teach. He is also super close to baptism. There is one common thing holding back these two young men along with so many others that I've taught over the past two years, the Law of Chastity. The Law of Chastity is a commandment that is often thought of as extrememly important, but extremely difficult for many to follow. The Law of Chastity prohibits sexual relations of any kind before marriage. We are told by our Savior, Jesus Christ, and many of his apostles and prophets that we must keep sacred that power that our Heavenly FAther has given us and we are only to use that gift within the bonds of marriage. These two young adults (Alvin 19 and Jeremiah 21) both have partners whom they live with and now both have a child. As a result of their young age and lack of education, they are struggling financially to support their family, as well as many other difficulties going on around them. The reason I share this is because they are both aware of the negative effects of not following the Law of Chastity. Having a child is an incredible and surreal experience, I'm sure but it is also a scared one. It all starts with allowing yourself to slip "just a little" or "just this once" and from there you fall down, dow, down until you can't stop. Because of time I'll have to cut this short, but just know this. You must stand strong in following the commandments of God, especially the Law of Chastity. Keep yourself clean and make decisions that you can look back on in 10-20 years and be proud of the decisions you made. I'm so thankful to have been raised in a church and by parents that have helped me and guided me to make good decisions, and though I'm not perfect, I am continually improving myself in all aspects of God's commandments.
I love you all! Have a great week! T-minus 50 days until I'm home!! :)
Elder Macfarlane!

No comments:

Post a Comment