Sydney, Australia

Sydney, Australia

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Yesterday I had a crazy moment... I ATE A DUCK EMBRIO!! It's called balout (or something like that), pronounced Vall-oo, and I'm still feeling like I am going to die! I've ate some pretty crazy things over the past two years, but I think this one was the scariest to eat thus far. It was with one of the members of the bishopric, the Tran family. They are Vietnamese and love giving missionaries scary things to eat! And me being me, I eat whatever is put in front of me. So now I can say I've eaten a duck embrio.... YUCK!

Looks like I'm staying in Green Valley my last 6 weeks! But my companion, Elder Carter, is getting transferred into the Samoan ward for his last 6 weeks! I'm so jealous of him! It should be heaps of fun for him! I am training a new missionary for my last transfer. He will be coming strait from the MTC. I will find out who my final companion will be on Wednesday. I have mixed feelings about it all. I'm a bit nervous, a bit excited, a bit worried, but more than anything, I feel ready. I've got six weeks left in the mission so this is the time I should be able to work the hardest and see the most miracles. Hopefully I'll be able to help this new Elder start out on the right foot with some great experiences! But honestly, I think I know exactly why I am a trainer, it's not because I'm anything special, it's not because I am any more dedicated or any more expertise at this, I believe the entire reason that I was given this calling, along with remaining District Leader, is so that I stay focussed and endure to the end! I feel as though the mission is like a race track, and I'm at the final 10 metres until the end. I've been running hard for the first 90 metres and giving it the best I had, but none of that matters now. If I stop running with 10 metres to go, I will lose the race, I will not return home with a smile on my face. The Lord could see the beginning stages of "Trunky" starting to show and He wasn't going to have that! So he gave me the last thing I was expecting, a brand new missionary!

Last time I had the opportunity to train was almost a year and a half ago, with Elder Detton. It will be fun reviewing the basic principles of missionary work and being able to be reminded of the importance of the fundamentals of missionary work. I will certainly have more information on this next week.

Love you all,
Elder Macfarlane

 District breakfast
 The Green Valley District representing 8 different countries (America, Finland, Tonga, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Albania and Croatia) and 5 American states (Utah, Idaho, Minnesota, Hawaii and Montanta)
Zone Pday at the park

No comments:

Post a Comment